- Posted by Mary Anne on February 27, 2017
LaTeX templates for two journals of the International Glaciological Society
We’re excited to let you know that the two journals of the International Glaciological Society, the Journal of Glaciology and the Annals of Glaciology, are beginning a partnership with Overleaf. If you’re thinking of submitting to either of the journals, Overleaf is now a freely available option for writing your article.
If you’ve not used us before, Overleaf is a free, online writing tool which offers the following benefits:
- Intuitive LaTeX formatting, whether you’re familiar with LaTeX or not. This can be particularly helpful if you and your co-authors have varying levels of understanding of LaTeX.
- Real-time online collaboration with co-authors.
- Version control features to help you keep track of multiple iterations of your manuscript.
- Pre-formatted templates and direct submission to both journals.
You can learn more about Overleaf in this short tutorial video, and you can find the two templates here:
- LaTeX template for the Annals of Glaciology (AOG)
- LaTeX template for the Journal of Glaciology (JOG)
When using the AOG / JOG template in Overleaf, you can:
- Write your article in the IGS style
- Save versions that can be shared with and edited by co-authors
- Submit the final article directly into the ScholarOne system.
The Overleaf editor is based upon LaTeX but also contains a rich text mode; you do not have to be a LaTeX expert in order to use it. It could be particularly useful if you are collaborating with other authors who are not as familiar with LaTeX. At the end of the Overleaf process a clean PDF is transmitted to ScholarOne as the main manuscript with the LaTeX source files supplied in a zip file for the production team if the article is accepted.
Five Cambridge University Press journals are currently taking part in a trial partnership with Overleaf; you can find the full set of five templates here.
Sign up for a free account and receive regular updatesRegistrera
Start writing now!Create A New Paper
Overleaf is GratisNew to LaTeX?
Start with a template